
Hello! Here we are in the Canary Islands, enjoying some well earned down-time. Of course, that is after the flight delay in Chicago, that lead to the missed flight in Spain, that lead to three service counters in Madrid, and a late-night arrival at our hotel. It was only about 30 hours of travel, altogether.
So, these pictures are from our trip across the island yesterday. In the distance behind me you can see the volcano, Teide, that forms one of the other islands. The landscapes are pretty incredible.
The resort is beautiful and the weather couldn´t be better! As we are surrounded by other tourists, namely English and German, we have not had much opportunity to stretch our Spanish legs yet. I am sure that the proper humility, for me (Maggie), will set in when we arrive back on the mainland.We are happy to have each other and love spending time together...we manage to keep from taking ourselves too seriously. For instance, when you find that you have locked yourself out on your balcony...
Look forward to further postitings in the near future ; )
We love you all! James and Maggie
2 comments:
Hey, Kids!
Good morning!
That beach on the Canaries looks prehistoric, as does what I see of the islands in the other photos. You must be having a great time exploring.
Ah, thirty hours travel! What I wouldn't give to do that again!
I love you both.
Dad
Hi!
Soooooooo happy to get your news! You both look WONDERFUL! and the island looks pretty nice, too. What a shame about the stress from Chicago delay - I know it'll be a great story to retell.
Thanks for sharing - it helps with the distance - eager for next news!
We are all well.
I love you.
Mom (Leanne)
Post a Comment