Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Girona "Puente"

So, for our most recent "puente" -- three day weekend -- we decided to bite the bullet, load up the kids, and make our first overnight trip since we arrived in Barcelona.  We had a great time and have pretty hardy little travelers, as we find time and again.  I think they hold up better than we do these days : ).

We chose Girona, a little city just about a 1.5 hour train ride NW of us, because it's close, easy to get to, and we loved visiting there and roaming the streets when we lived here before.  

Waiting for our train and loving every minute (croissant as a morning snack probably had something to do with it).
I'm working on fitting in more, wardrobe wise, I was pretty successful this day.
There are a bunch of little locks with names and dates on them all along the same bridge I'm standing on above.  I imagine people are "locking their love," it's really sweet.
 Didn't have a lock so we settled for a kiss.
The fun of small Spanish towns.  I love so much about this picture.  The rich color, the fact that a new building is going to be inserted between these two older buildings, the "graffiti"/mural on the wall below, how the scaffolding looks like it might actually be balancing those two buildings weight against each other so they don't actually fall down (okay, so maybe that's what they are actually doing), all the windows and doors ...
I can't say how long this little shop has been here and open but well over a century and I imagine much of the wood and paneling are original.  Charming!
The way the "deck the halls;" too bad we didn't make it back for this one all lit up at night.
More of Girona's charm.
There are tons of sweet little squares, again with amazing color and often amazing vegetation.  Just lovely!
Our girl in the same square.
We tried to get this shot several times and this is the best we managed of Aine -- cute of Mommy and Aoife, though.
Great stairs, family shot.
More great stairs ... leading up, up, up.
Yet another charming little spot.
Aine feeling less than camera cooperative, again, but both girls looking sweet.
She's beyond stinkin' cute!
There are our cuties -- on even more serious stairs!
Bye, bye for now!

We love you.

1 comment:

Leanne Koonce said...

SWEET!! You all look fabulous!
The girls are growing like crazy! They really look/seem so grown up.
Missing all of you!
LOVE.