Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lazy Sunday.

Usually, we like to spend Sundays running around, doing one thing or another "as a family." Since I teach on Saturday mornings this year and the girls are both in school we only have the one day all together and we relish it as a family day.  Actually, I don't think we stay in often enough.  Today, however, we had a great excuse, I'm on the tail end of an awful sinus infection and James will be headed to the doctor tomorrow morning--here's to him feeling better without medicine.  Maybe our bodies are trying to tell us to slow down!?  Ha.

 Getting going on a morning art project.  Have you noticed how often we're still in our jammies when we do this?  Yep, that's how we roll ; ).
 Aoife, loving her pink-glue-paint.
 Aine, carefully placing her big, blue heart.
 Later on, dressed and dancing with balloons tied around waists--they insisted I help them with this and thought it was just about the funniest thing ever.
 Shake your booty-balloon.
 Aoife's finished Valentine's craft--oh yeah, that's what we were working on.
 Aine's completed work.
 Aoife's sun catcher.
 Aine's sun catcher.
We painted piggies later, with actual Piggy Paint (totally natural and non-toxic, but it doesn't last nearly as long).  Aine's little toes are looking crazy cute for now, though : )!
 Aoife showing off her fancy fingers, and Monkey.
 As they hang (you can see the sun catchers' reflection if you look really hard).
As they hang, sun catchers.

We also managed to get 3 loads of laundry done today; I'll tell you , that's something when you have to hang them out to dry clothes-pin style.  We made Banana-Oat "Cookies" (-- check out the super easy recipe here.  We just sub agave for sugar and of course add a ton of cinnamon and freshly grated nutmeg.  You can also sub a steamed sweet potato for the banana and orange juice for apple juice and then enjoy vitamin A & C packed goodness in the form of a "cookie.")  We danced, sang and listened to loads of music, as evidenced by the record on our new Spotify account.  We did the needed cleaning and made some fantastic meals which we then all sat down and ate together.  We read books, watched Todd's World in Spanish, played games ...  I suppose what I'm trying to get at is that, "We've got a darn good thing going here." as James put it earlier.  And so we do!

<3 - much love to all -

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Leanne Koonce said...

:) love you guys!
cute cute cute,
LOVE love the valentines!