Grandma came to visit and we did lots of stuff together.
Including eating lots of good food -- like this, the Tortel de Reyes or Kings Cake. There's something sweet and wonderful to go with every holiday around here. It's a wonder we've all actually lost weight.
Getting ready to dig in.
Aine found surprise number 1, the dried bean, she was supposed to pay for the cake...
...but we let her wear the crown.
Yum.
Yep, I'll second that: Yum!
Daddy found something...
...hey, what is that, Daddy?
Ah, the King, how appropriate. But, he didn't get to wear the crown. We made him pay for the cake.
More to come. Look out for the next installment when we take to the streets to see the parade.
1 comment:
AHA! such a very wonderful visit I had at the winter holidays, but then all our visits are always very wonderful! I miss you! Love
Post a Comment