So, things might finally be settling out post the "start of term." Well, it might be too soon to tell but I´m gonna put it out there. Fingers crossed : ). I didn´t get that new job, which was for the Primary Coordination Post at work. While in some ways it's hard to swallow 'cause I'm used to getting jobs for which I interview, it's really for the best. With everything else on my plate currently I didn't really need to take it on, plus I couldn't have "lost" to a better candidate who certainly has a longer and more proven track record than I do with the Council. So, I can't be too upset : ). There is however good news on the professional front, I have been asked to write my first article for a professional journal, that's exciting and a done deal, so I just have to get writing! There is, also, good news on the home front. We had a nice weekend and got back to some artsy fartsy bits, evidence that things might be settling out.
James is working Saturday mornings this year, so it's designated "girl-time" around here. Usually we read, play games, do a bit of baking to ensure the kids take healthy snacks to school for the week, clean a bit, snuggle and have fun. We haven't done much in the way of formal "art projects" recently until yesterday and boy did we have fun.
First we made spider webs with string dipped in white paint and then it was on to making spiders form hand prints. Yes, that's laundry drying inside again, hello rainy season.
Some extra post spider painting.
Aoife putting finishing touches on her spider.
This girl wears her heart on here sleeve. What a doll! And look at those hands, as big (bigger) than Aoife's, as her spider can verify.
Today we hit up the CCCB -- Centre De Cultura Contemporánia de Barcelona. It's a great modern art museum and this weekend the were sponsoring a kids art competition and festival, for free. Who could ask for more?!?
Perspective.
Cut, cut, hard at work.
She´s also gotten pretty darn good with scissors and patiently waiting her turn : ).
The mural to which they were preparing their contributions.
Dang this thing is hard to peel (and yes, it's a bit of a rainy day).
Stick, stick.
There´s a happy girl! This thing is turning out even better than we anticipated.
Aine´s finished product. : )
Aoife placing her final petals with the help of Daddy.
Ta-da! This looked even more awesome from a distance.
Yes, we're cute. Now let´s go eat some lunch!
Right after we snapped this photo we walked to an adjacent park, plopped down, and enjoyed our picnic lunch. Yum. Then, we headed home and I managed to fit in my first 5K in a while. I have newish specialty orthopedic inserts and I've been working to strengthen my weak leg. I felt jazzed while I was running and everything still feels great. I suppose I'll know the true verdict in the next couple of days. Here's hoping to get out again soon, it does my soul good.
Check back soon. The holiday season is upon us again, lights are being hung and preparations being made for the Christmas market. We're hosting Thanksgiving this year and then we're off to Scotland for Christmas proper. It ought to prove a wonderful winter. We'll work hard to keep you posted. Until then ...
Besos,
Los Stuhan
1 comment:
Sweet pictures ... always such busy, creative girls.
Thanks for posting these, and all of your posts
I miss you. :•(
Love.
Post a Comment