Monday, January 05, 2015

Before I get too far ahead...

...Aine did turn 5 this year  -- okay, last year, shit!

October is kinda a crazy time of year still but we did celebrate, both at home and with school.  At home we had a quite party on her actual birthday with two of her favorites, hamburgers and homemade double chocolate cake.  She's gone round and round the last couple of years about whether or not she wants hamburgers or her other dinnertime favorite, eggplant parmesan -- hamburgers won this year because eggplant won last year. 
The birthday girl before the festivities.
 The cake.
 The girls with the cake.
 Adorableness.
 Silliness -- so.my.girl.
 Are we gonna open these presents yet?

The girls got jean jackets from grandma and Aine got the new baby stroller and high chair she'd been asking for since, umm, her last birthday?!?

She also celebrated with her class at a place here called Bosc Urba, it's like a mini-ropes course for mini-people.  I'm sorry to say that the only pictures we have of that were from Daddy's mobile.  Mommy was still out of town at a conference : ( ... it's been that kind of year.  But, the girls had an absolute blast and we're planning on heading back together as a family sometime soon.

So, 5 already.  Fastest five 5 years yet?!?  Near absolute craziness.

Happy Birthday, Sweet Maevers!  You are such a joy.  We love you.

1 comment:

Leanne Koonce said...

YES!! FINALLY pictures from Aine's 5th BD celebration!! Indeed the years are speeding away with our babies. They are not even toddlers any more! Hang on, they'll be teenagers in a blink! And I haven't been there to celebrate even one of their birthdays since they were born.... :`(
I want to change that .... I won't always be able to be there, but maybe every now and then???
I LOVE YOU!!