- Friendship isn't about who you have known the longest. It's about those who came and never left your side. - Anonomyous
I read a study once that indicated that women who have good girlfriends with whom they share life and have fun have lower stress levels and live longer, happier lives. I count myself lucky to have some truly great friends. Even though I've moved far away from some of them they are near and dear to my heart, as are their beautiful children.I think Kim and Jamie (with me (in that order) above) helped me discover what it means to be a real friend, how to love and learn from the ways we are different not just those ways in which we are similar. How to share happiness and heartache. I learned how to be a mom next to these two amazing women and am forever grateful.
Angela, with whom I always grow and am constantly safe. I can tell her everything "like it is" and am consistently challenged to be better.
And our children, who make the bond that much sweeter:
| Be (to borrow from Kim) "the six cutest children that ever were." |
Or take part in good-natured competition.
I feel fortunate to have been able to visit with these friends on our whirlwind tour in the States, I hope it´s something we´ll be able to do again in the future.
Here's to all of us living a bit longer and, certainly, a lot happier.
XXX OOO
1 comment:
Great to see you with your great friends from Portland.
And the kids are all just way tooooooo cute!
Post a Comment