You know how used to get annoyed with "that guy" who said things like: "Do you have kids?" Err, maybe that was just my foolish youth?!? Either way, having kids changes you. I was talking to a friend at work today who has a wonderful, sweet, darling two-week-old (she is absolutely precious). He was glowing while he talked about her and our conversation continued something like this:
...
Kyle (Showing I-Pad pics, beaming as he flips through): {{{smiles}}}
Me (totally falling all over myself): She's gorgeous ... I love that little face ... What a little doll-baby.
He just kept beaming, he's such a proud daddy and so apparently in love.
Me (smiling): Do you find you miss her when you're away from her.
Kyle (making his favorite pic a "screen saver" of sorts and displaying it at his work station): When I see her like this, in these pictures, I sure do.
(Pause.)
Me: I do love that little face.
Kyle: Me too, but I suppose I'm biased, all parents are like that.
Me: I dunno. Having your own just kinda makes you love everyone's.
Kyle: It really does, doesn't it. I find myself peeking into random prams .. and, you know ...
Me: Aw, sure they know you're a parent ..
Kyle (smiles).
And that is the wonder and beauty of what happened to us 5 years ago - we fell completely and totally, head over feet, in love. In some ways we started learning how to really love and be selfless. We did it again 3 and 1/2 ago. And it's just amazing how it actually happens everyday, to all of us (albeit to varying degrees).
My heart is happy.
We were up way too late assembling gifts ... meh.
This cake was crazy, yes, I mean crazy delicious -- and I do say so myself.
Kitchen assembled (thanks Grandma).
Somebody's happy.
Another somebody's happy.
There's more work to be done later.
Including candles to be blown out.
You got it Baby, happy 5!
And plenty of cuteness to go 'round!
XXXOOO
1 comment:
Thanks again for posting here! I always love pictures of everybody. Sorry that the kitchen proved to be a big construction job, but it looks like it was worth it!
I am getting really antsy for our visit coming now in one month! YAY!!!!
I love you ALL –– XOXOXOXOX
Post a Comment