We've moved! We have a comparable amount of space, are a lot closer to the kids school (3 minute walk), have a fantastic patio and see ourselves staying put for a while! Woo-hoo.
We feel like this patio is quite an "accomplishment" -- oh, the simple things. At any rate, when you figure that we live in a place with a higher population density that NYC we feel like we've managed to carve out a pretty nice little place for ourselves and we're feeling good about it!
We've started to take advantage:
A friend from work shared some peppers from Turkey that he and his wife have already had quite a successful harvest with. We're hoping for the same.
Let's get those pepper covered! We want to make sure they sprout ... and soon!
The missing sign is the peppers ... we'll get on that.
The kids did all the illustration apart from the basil -- that was the model, er the one that no one else wanted to do. The kids also picked all the items for the garden, such good taste.
Easter was simple, again. So glad they're easy to please!
Butterfly wings ... that Easter bunny knows what she's up to, we'd just been to a butterfly garden. Oh, she's the thinking bunny, she is.
Apparently, according to Aine, the Easter bunny also thinks that she is a carrot. This caused a lot of problems like hiding under the covers and waking up too many times at night. However, these were easily resolved when I showed her that the bunny had already left its presents and moved on to the next house and was, therefore, not going to nibble on her -- I kid you not.
At any rate, we had a lovely Easter (and Monday off).
Some simple egg decorating, supplies provided by the vegetarian bunny.
A little patio kung-fu...
...and other antics.Most of our Spring Break was spent moving, organizing the old flat, and making the new one a little more like home. However, we did manage to get away for a couple of days. The rain foiled some of our plans but we still had a nice time.
Windy, but a break from the rain.
Steering the ship.
We also visited a butterfly park/bird sanctuary.
As you can see, the birds loved James.
There's a big butterfly behind us, just above my head.
I'm smiling but the girls are nearly scared out of their wits. This is the world's largest pigeon. I think it was mostly curious, not aggressive, but it followed us around the entire park until the next visitors arrived, then it followed them.
The chrysalis cubby (what's the plural of chrysalis).
A sweet specimen.
Another pretty one, this time in front of us.
In a couple of days this will be the largest butterfly in the world. We saw a preserved one but not a living one because they hatch in bunches and then die within four days. They lack a digestive system and therefore perish quickly ... just enough time to reproduce.
Another, smaller guy, hatching.
I got my chance with the birds too. Again, the girls weren't so sure ...
...but it was like a fond, flashback to childhood for me.
We toured another sweet little town. There are so many along the Catalan countryside.
The rarely seen Daddy and Mommy alone pic!
A nice family shot.
In front of 2500 year old Greek ruins.
Inside a medieval church.
Daddy and his girls (poor Beanie clunked her head).
As you can see, we've been busy. I'd like to guarantee a post at the end of the month but I start two classes tomorrow (but I'll be done in June -- the end is in sight) and I've been getting a lot more teacher training work, so I'll try but no promises.
So -- hasta la proxima -- we love you! XO
1 comment:
Thanks, as always, for all the news and wonderful pictures!!
I love you.
Post a Comment